Sunday, September 25, 2011

FINAL REFLECTIONS-EDLD 5301

This course was more action and doing than that of listening to lectures. My opinion is that the action was appropriate and mirrored and modeled the teachings of the action research-much doing and less listening. The lectures through the videos were short and concise. I appreciated all the advice that was given and vast knowledge of the topic, action research that was portrayed through the videos. All readings were suitable to the course. The action research dissertations of a few principals helped tremendously in knowing the expectation of the program. Searches, like electronic searches of topics and questions I took my action research from my own personal situation at school. Searching for related topics on the internet assisted me. The Dana and the Harris et al booked helped in the research topic. At first, I had chosen one topic. I research related topics on the internet along with data. Then I decide to change to another topic more relevant to my daily walk. It was then that I found more related literature and data. Both the Dana, Leading with passion and Knowledge and Harris et al, Examining what we do to Improve our Schools, books made the action research very understandable. Both books are detailed oriented. Everything aspect of the action research is shared and complete. This thoroughness made it easy to do my assignments and activities in the course. I know that I have come a long way in the knowledge what an action research is and what has to be done. The discussion board made it easy for me to see what others are doing in the course. I gave feedback and took feedback from pothers in the discussion board. Everyone was polite and supportive of each other. The blogs make me see how other are thinking about their research. It is a form for me and others to share what we are doing and receive advice on matters that we may not even have thought concerning our topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment